- Key facts on splitting up
- About parental responsibility
- Children affected by separation
- Parenting after a break up
- Balancing finances after break up
- Shared Care Disputes in Mediation
- Impact of relationship breakdown
Women are 40% more likely to enter poverty after separation
The breakdown of a committed personal relationship will nearly always be distressing and difficult. The decision to separate may be either partner’s, or a genuinely mutual one.
However the decision has been reached, this section aims to explain the personal and emotional processes and offer practical guidance to help couples and their children come to terms with separation.