Developing an e-learning resource for volunteers
Our research has established that people experiencing relationship distress or difficulties are much more likely to ‘turn to’ a friend or someone they are already in contact for help, such as a volunteer. But often those helpers lack the confidence or know-how to offer appropriate relationship support.
With the aim of increasing access to relationship support in communities, we have partnered with Altogether Better to develop an e-learning resource specifically for volunteers. The online programme will help you offer relationship support to people you meet in your volunteer role and become a relationship champion in your community.
The programme will help you build the confidence to:
- Recognise when someone may be experiencing relationship problems.
- Actively listen to people with relationship problems.
- Share knowledge and information and about relationship support with friends, family, and people in your community.
- Refer/signpost people to local activities, services and support facitilites, as well as online resources like theCoupleConnection.net.
- Design and deliver community group activities which spread knowledge and information about relationship support.
OnePlusOne is offering a limited number of free places for volunteers registering before 31st March 2013.
Sign up today at www.relationshipsupport-volunteers.org.uk using the access code BANANA.
For further information on our training, and for help making it available to your volunteers, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 553 9530.