Skills training to help employers and managers support relationships
When your staff are having personal or relationship problems at home, it can affect employee engagement, work productivity, and staff morale. OnePlusOne’s Relationship conversations training is an evidence-based programme designed to help employers and managers handle conversations about these issues in a way that makes employees feel listened to, supported, and empowered.
This training will strengthen your empathic listening skills, enabling you to identify the support people need and how to offer it in a simple and effective way. It’s not about turning you into a relationship counsellor or an agony aunt, it’s about equipping you with valuable skills to help your staff cope with issues that could be affecting their work life.
The training builds on our Brief Encounters® Skills Training (B.E.S.T), which has been shown to improve participants’ confidence to recognise a difficult issue, understand how to get to the bottom of it and identify what to do next.
You will learn to:
- Use relational capability skills to have sensitive, empathetic conversations.
- Identify the key issues people need support with.
- Help people make decisions about what to do next.
- Avoid offering advice that could be unhelpful.
- Keep a conversation on track and bring it to a close.
After completing the original B.E.S.T training:
- 100% of professionals said they were likely to use the Brief Encounters® model to help them have conversations about relationships with employees or clients.
- The number of professionals who felt able to recognise when an employee or client is experiencing difficulties with their relationships increased from 57.7% to 95.8%.
- The number of professionals who felt confident in their ability to support someone having couple relationship issues increased from 46.8% to 93.6%.
This enhanced training is developed from the key elements of B.E.S.T. The latest research evidence will help you strengthen your own relational capability skills which can be used in every aspect of your life, whether it be professional or personal.
For a few helpful tips on talking to employers about relationship issues, download our ‘Tips for employers’ (pdf 108.1kb) sheet today and familiarise yourself with OnePlusOne’s OLPAC approach.
For more information about OnePlusOne’s Relationship conversations or any of our other resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.